1) What are you thankful for this year?
So many things. Thankful for my wife, son and son on the way. Thankful that the surgery my son had yesterday went well and he's pretty much back to his old self. Thankful that no matter how bad I think things may be in certain aspects, that I have the self realization to know that there are others out there with it worse...like those who lost everything in the hurricane, or locally, the people who lost their homes in the big neighborhood explosion on the south side of Indianapolis.
2) Participating in any Black Friday shopping?
No. I've done that twice (once for our Christmas tree, when I walked in, grabbed the tree, paid for it and was out the door of a standalone JC Penney's in 5 minutes, the other as a favor to my mother and stood in line for almost 2 hours in the cold for a digital camera for my sister) and don't really have much of a desire to do it again.
3) Status update check: How far along is your wife (if pregnant)? How old is your child now (if already here)?
Two part answer here. Wife just hit 25 along weeks yesterday with son #2 and my son who is here just turned 23 months on the 18th.
4) Yesterday was my birthday and frankly, I was disappointed with my friends and family. Normally, my in-laws are pretty good about calling and wishing me a happy birthday, but I did not receive a single phone call from any of my in-laws (I got cards in the mail, but they typically call on my actual birthday too). When my mom called, it was all about my son's surgery and I actually had to ask her "Is there anything else you'd like to say?" at the end of the call to get her to say Happy Birthday. My Facebook response was pretty lame as well. I'm usually pretty good, hitting most of my friends' listed birthdays and of my 100 Facebook friends I got maybe a 20% acknowledgement. I'm not asking for a party, or anything special, but it would have been nice if people who had a reminder right there on Facebook to at least type a quick "Happy Birthday". I get it, I'm 37, birthdays aren't quite as big of a deal any more, but when you have to prompt family to say it... kinda disappointing.
5) Indiana basketball looks like they will be really good. Georgetown put up a great fight, but IU came through, and they still have 3 big bodies to get back into the rotation in Elston and the 2 freshmen. And don't get me started on why the freshmen are out currently... it is frankly ridiculous that the NCAA did what they did.