1. I am so happy my interview was cancelled for this afternoon (I was interviewing someone) since it was going to cut it really close to leaving on time to get the kids.
2. I don't know why I am so hurt/perturbed/upset....One of my BFFs from HS is evidently now an gun toting, ultra conservative Christian. She posted something on FB this weekend about the reason that the CT event happened was because God "isn't allowed in schools." I posted a few things back questioning this philosophy, but not lambasting her beliefs in any way. She then posted a huge tirade about "liberals" not respecting her conservative values, to which I posted that I am sorry if I upset her and it wasn't my intent. I believe that everyone should be free to believe in God/higher power/etc and to have a great day. She went through the 30+ other responses that agreed/cheered her on and 'liked' them, but didn't acknowledge mine. It seems stupid and childish and I only see her 1x a year if that and HS was 20+ years ago and clearly we aren't the same people.
3. L made fudge cookies last night. OMG they are so good.
4. The kids are going on a field trip this afternoon. Always makes me a bit on edge.
5. I am starving. I hope there is something good in the cafeteria.
6. I went to happy hour with co-workers last night. I love happy hour. Good drinks, good apps, good conversation, and didn't get home too late. Perfect.
7. But leaving the bar at 8, when it was starting to get crowded, made me feel like the uncool, frumpy, middle aged soccer mom that I am.
8. I am debating taking a certification test this spring. I have to decide sometime in Jan and then start studying. It is a chunk of change to do it that work won't pay for,
9. It looks gorgeous out - bright blue skies, close to 60. I would much rather be outside. Too bad a cold front is coming in and this weekend, the highs will be in the 40s. Poo.
10. The kids are going to be thrilled with Christmas. Carter was going on and on about how he wants a Nerf gun. I explained that we don't allow guns in the house. Little does he know that L caved and there are 2 Nerf guns hidden in the house. After last week's tragedy, I am wondering if this is the right choice and have sought advice from every pediatrician I work with.