I just asked a similar question a little over a week ago. Some of the answers I got were:
- "You could write on your tummy I'm a GIRL or I'm a BOY with a sharpie.
(it washes off right away. If you're comfortable with that" -Gagsby10
- "um....colored silly string? You go in with two cans - one in blue and
one in pink and then when you come out (lids off) you just spray the
appropriate color at them." -Emmie10
- "We are having my parents over for dinner that night and doing a colored
cake. I know it's a little different, but you could have cupcakes and
a colored decoration before handing them out..."-Sweetpeasmommy
- "We're getting pink or blue m&ms to give to everyone." -Brandyward
- "Maybe have the tech write the answer down instead of telling you all in
the room. Then when its over you all can go for lunch or dinner or
something and read what it is with everyone there. Then you all find
out together... I was thinking of doing this with my family." -JamieLynn_Ontario
- "Before going, I wrapped up 2 pairs of pink booties, and 2 pairs of
blue booties, (one for each set of g-parents in the waiting room).
When we came out, I gave the g-mothers the correct package of booties
for them to open. They loved it, it was so great to see them open them together and find out at the same time it was a girl!"-Sunflowergrl
Our situation is a little different, my in-laws (MIL, FIL, SIL and DH's grandma) are driving over 300 miles to be at the BIG u/s. Also going are: my parents, my aunt, one of my bff's and her husband. Besides DH, only 1 other person will be allowed in the room with us. I chose to have my MIL there because my mom lives 10 minutes away and has been able to be at several appointments, MIL has not. So, everyone else will have to wait in the lobby. When we walk into the lobby after the appointment, I am going to lift my shirt to reveal the appropriate tank-top underneath- I decorated 2 different "men's undershirt tank-tops", one says "I'm a GIRL!" and the other "I'm a BOY". Only DH knows about the tank-tops, so it'll be a total surprise to everyone waiting in the lobby...