I have the Bento and love it! It may be a little overkill for 1 baby if you are a light packer, but it's definitely great for 2 kids. I used the Skip Hop Dash with my first LO and that was way too small (I must pack a lot), so if I had to do it over again I personally would have gotten the Bento from the beginning.
Here are my thoughts on it:
- Love all the pockets. It's really easy to find everything. The Dash was pretty much one big compartment and I hated having to dig through it to find stuff.
- We cloth diaper, so with 2 kids in diapers this size of bag is a must and it really wouldn't be overkill for 1 kid in cloth diapers.
- Love the shuttle clips to attach it to the stroller. We use these all the time.
- Love that there are two outer side pockets for bottles/sippy cups to keep them separate and easy to grab.
- I think the food container area is great. In the Dash I would have to put everything (diaper supplies and food) together in the main compartment. Felt kinda gross about doing that! Right now my older LO eats regular food at restaurants, so we only need to use those compartments for snacks for her. However, I know when DS starts eating solid foods we'll be bringing purees and such with us so we'll be getting more use out of them then for sure.
- Love that there's an additional zippered compartment at top (besides the main one). We use this for food supplies like spoons and bibs.
- Yes, the bag is a bit lopsided and will tip, but it's easy enough to lean it up against something. Definitely not a deal breaker.
So yeah, if you are a big packer, like pockets, want food & diapers separate, want to plan ahead for 2 kids eventually, or cloth diaper, then this bag could be for you. :)