:::waves hi friend!!!!! I inboxed you a novel of our experience <3
CHant I COMPLETELY understand how you are feeling right now. It is so anxious for both him and you! We have severe MFI meaning all his levels are a mess. That being said there is def. hope depending on dx. We are currently in IVF w/ icsi#2. I actually felt relief after we went through testing and saw specialist, I felt like we were not living in the dark anymore, and didn't feel so alone.
1. They will draw blood to test his hormone levels. FSH,testorone,prolactin etc. He already had insulin, sugar, BP all that checked.
2. Take a urine sample right there, have hubbs prepared to do so just in case. They test to see of there is an infection, sperm some other things I forget.
3. They will discuss history of diseases, surgeries etc
4. They will want another SA,so will give a script for that.
5. They will do a physical exam, another words dr. will feel husband to see if he feels vericole, both testicles, etc.
6. Based on all the info. collected they may have him do an U/S on testicles.
If no sperm can be found they will do a biopsy to see if factory is working.
Timeframe was about 2 weeks with everything give or take. We went to the RE right after.