1) How was your Thanksgiving?
Mine was good, a little more stressful than I had hoped... mostly because my son did not eat lunch and barely touched his dinner. I think he got overwhelmed with all the people, though he's been in large family settings before and it never bothered his eating.
2) In spirit of the ridiculous
Powerball jackpot last night, if money were no object, what would be the
first thing you'd buy yourself? (Lets exclude the obvious of house,
car, travel or giving money to family/charity)
Excluding house, car and travel, the first thing I'd probably buy myself would be a huge screen TV. Right now a board is messed up on my 12 year old projection screen to where it looks like we are watching 3D TV without the glasses. All the images on the edges of the screen have a red ghost image. I'd like to get the 93 inch, I think Mitsubishi makes it.
3) My son apparently is quite into the Christmas spirit. He "helped" decorate the tree, loves sitting in front of it when it is lit up, and has been watching Christmas specials very intently. I like it because frankly, I love the specials, the decorating the house for the holidays and the like and my wife frankly just doesn't care that much.
4) Going along with the Christmas specials, it turns out that out of all the different holiday specials (Thanksgiving and Halloween included), my son digs on the Charlie Brown specials most. He liked Frosty and the Grinch, but the Charlie Brown ones have his attention the most and when they go to commercial, he keeps saying "Come back".
5) I can't believe my son is going to turn 2 in less than 3 weeks. It blows my mind how fast everything has flown by. You may have been told by your parents, or other people with kids that time flies once you have kids and said to yourself, "yeah, I'm sure it does"... I'm telling you now... IT DOES. It seems like just yesterday my son couldn't talk, walk or feed himself and now he's able to do all these things and so much more.