Like PP said, I think 1 night probably isn't going to hurt, just air the place out as best as you can. :)
Just a side note too, when it gets cold out, the air doesn't want to go out the chimney because the cold air is blocking it. (Or something, I don't really know why) So it comes into the house.
But if you light a piece of paper and hold it at the base of the chimney for a minute or two before you light the fire then it warms it up and the smoke will go out the chimney instead of into the house.