I have 6 tattoos.
1- a black graphic looking heart (tramp stamp) Its not my favorite thing in the world but I don't ever have to look at it so I don't care.
2. A butterfly tattoo, its also black and white, a friend dared me to pick something off the wall at the shop so I got that and I like it (Right hip).
3. My own name, in black and white, bc my name is pretty much awesome and bc I wanted the dang butterfly to have a name and you can't just randomly put weird names on your body (also right hip below butterfly).
4. "КРАСИВЕЙШАЯ ЖИЗНЬ", it's russian and literally translates to "beautiful life" I got it after I finished degree in Russian, my mom got one to match. I love it. (left hip)
5. A very colorful Lily flower for my niece Lillie who was born on my birthday and her middle name is a blend of my first name and middle name(on my right flank)
6. A half sleeve tattoo (left upper arm) that is basically a family portrait. Its 3 owls, daddy, mommy, and a baby coming out of his shell all hanging out in a tree under the night sky. My husband drew me a husband and wife owl on a wall in Iraq when he was deployed a few years ago and I just loved them so when we had our son I told him he needed to draw my an owl family tattoo and it is by far my favorite tattoo. Its totally unique, since DH drew it, and means so much to me. I get a lot of compliments on it. And the tree has room for at least one more baby owl!
ETA: DH has 7 (including one he got just for me) and we both will surely get more in the future.