I suffer from GERD and therefore horrible pg hearrburn. I will run down what I find has worked at least in part.
1. milk - not to much, just a sip or 2. Too much milk/dairy can actually cause heart burn because of the fat content
2. water - again, not too much, just sips here and there.
3. Tums/Rolaids. I always found Rolaids work better but they don't sell them here anymore, except in the soft chews, which I don't find work.
4. Zantec - 75mg and 150mg. I have used both ans find it works well to prevent heart burn if you know you cant avoid a trigger food
5. Pecid Complete - didn't work for me at all but some people swear by it
6. Gaviscon - I can't handle the fizziness and foaming that goes on, so its a no go for me
7. Nexium - Prescription heart burn medication. It is one of the more potent ones and is considered a Class C medication. There are no KNOWN risks but no research to prove otherwise either. It is the ONLY thing that helps me now and is my life saver.
Try to avoid spicy, fatty, or acidic foods. Anything tomato based. anything with RED food colouring (I don't know why red, but I am fine with every other colour except red, weird)