SInce we knew that we had severe MFI, we knew that there would be many challenges, and most likely if embies didn't work, prob. a chromosonal thing due to sperm issues. The 1st cycle after a big ol BFN, when they called me I wanted to try again, they suggested in my case because they felt I would respond better since they knew at that point how my body would respond. I had never taken any fertility meds prior to that, so although the 1st round went well, it was a practice run realistically.She was absolutely correct, I suppressed better, and had more eggs. So we went right into the 2nd, After the early M/C at 5w5d,
I had a WTF appt, and just confirmed my thoughts, which was sperm issues, and that they typically will stop growing before or after transfer until you find the right one. She advised that my eggs were very good quality, I had enough, nothing else I could really do or change on my end other than maybe 3dt or freezing some if we could. Just had to keep trying, and she was hopeful because we made as far as we did. I had to trust her, because she had been absolutely dead on with everything she suggested. Even when I had friends doubt doing it like that.
I will say, that she did make me feel better with staying with her because, she randomly called me day after christmas to let me know she ripped my chart apart again, and saw that there was signifacant improvement, and what we might have done so that we could keep doing it. Only change was complete bed rest and his supplements along with his clomid prob kicked in (3 months).
I say all that to tell you I felt like she really had my back, and the reason I decided to stay with my re which is smaller is several factors.
1.) I liked that she kept encouraging me even at the WTF appointment, and even followed up several times after.
2.) researched showed that the fact that we made it to 5dt 2x with his severe issues, was really good for her group. Some of the bigger groups aren't always better, and that they sometimes will push for 3dt. It takes a lot of patience, good staff, and good equiptment. Which clearly my dr. had, if our embies aren't going to make it or issues, nothing ANY dr. can fix, I feel comfortable with her and confident she had my best interest at heart so that is who I am sticking with. I have a very good repoire with the staff, they know my body.
Best of luck in your decision, so tough, I did think about going elsewhere. Maybe you could get a 2nd opinion. See how you feel after the appt. Like J&D said. I hope I made sense lol, I just had a large coffee, bahaahahhaha <3