2 weeks? Ouch. Talk about pushing out a big baby! Good luck to her...I get it though. I get why she's waiting.
I was induced 2 days after my due date....stayed on Pitocin for 13 hours and nothing. Didn't dilate, nothing happened. My doc actually let us go home and wait another week....Fast forward to 41 weeks and 2 days now...I get induced again on Pitocin at 6am. At 10:15am, she breaks my water. At 1:15pm, I was contracting every 60-90 seconds and couldn't take it anymore so I got an epidural. I stayed on the epidural until 5pm when we all decided it was best to call it. I was barely 3 cm and he was -2 station. NOT in place to come down the canal! I had my son via C-section at 6:12pm that night. When my doc cut me open, she saw that his head wasn't even making any contact with my cervix. Back in the old days, we both would have died.
I had a wonderful birth experience despite the C-section. Some people think it's a shame to have one...everything worked out fine. Even though it wasn't what we'd planned but my doc let us wait longer and DS still wasn't coming on his own. So, who knows what would have happened naturally...but at this point, the baby is just getting bigger and bigger and bigger...vaginal birth could be more difficult. But, she's a seasoned mama with 4....I'm only working on number 2.
All I know is that Pitocin did nothing for me...did not put me into labor but nor was I going into labor on my own!